Examples of work completed
This is not intended to be a comprehensive CV, but highlights the range of projects that I have worked on.
Designing and running workshops
- Implementing REDD+ — a workshop in Argentina for government officials and technical experts on how to implement the United Nations' REDD+ scheme.
- Designing and facilitating personal safety and security workshops for UNHCR and WHO staff working in high-risk duty stations (Afghanistan, Pakistan, Nigeria, Guinea, Sierra Leone, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Côte d'Ivoire).
- Designing and facilitating workshops for UNDP and UNEP on national adaptation planning for climate change.
Developing policy and guidance
- Writing a competence framework for Humanitarian Affairs Officers in the UN's Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs.
- Preparing a report on updating a learning and development policy for the International Office for Migration.
- Writing guidance on how to design assessment materials for the European Asylum Support Office.
- Writing a report on learning pathways for senior officials in the Council of Europe.
Designing blended programmes
- Two combined online and workbook-based programmes for UNICEF, covering the fundamentals of humanitarian action and managing humanitarian emergencies.
- Evaluating UNHCR's Management Development Programme.
- Evaluating the effectiveness of a programme to deliver soft skills training to local NGOs and community organisations in the Sudan (for RedR UK).
- Evaluating the effectiveness of a programme on strengthening training skills for Sweden's Folke Bernadotte Academy.
- Evaluation of the European Union's hostile awareness training.
Bespoke training the trainer events
- Training anti-corruption officials from West African states for the UN Institute for Training and Research (Hiroshima, Japan).
- Training technical experts on climate change adaptation in workshop delivery skills (Bangkok and Seoul).
- Training skills for new trainers in the United Nations peacekeeping Mission in Liberia.
5 minute video showing the running of the REDD+ Academy workshop which I designed in Argentina.
Video of REDD+ workshop in Puerto Iguazú, Argentina